Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A LOT CAN HAPPEN IN A YEAR...

This may sound cheesy but in my case it's true. One year ago today I found out I was pregnant! It would be another seven weeks before we'd find out we were having twins - but the excitement we felt when it was officially confirmed was pretty incredible. We told our families after we got the news and I think they'd agree that it was the world's longest pregnancy since they knew right from the beginning. 


I was lucky enough not to experience actual morning sickness but I was extremely tired for much of my pregnancy. I also had a few scares between week 8 and week 16 thanks to a small bleed next to "Baby A" (Charlotte). I coasted through until about week 28 when we started watching "Baby B's" (Jacob) growth / weight progression because he was lagging behind Charlotte by about two weeks. It was at that point that our doctor started preparing us to expect an early delivery. He wasn't sure what "early" would look like but decided from that point on it was time to see me every week so he could monitor Jacob's progression. So we took it week by week until 32 weeks and 5 days when Charlotte broke my water (December 29, 2010) and the real fun began with the birth of Charlotte (12:04 a.m.) and Jacob (12:08 a.m) on December 30, 2010. 


It's amazing to think that one blood test result a year ago today would change my life in so many ways....

No comments:

Post a Comment