Friday, October 21, 2011

A TUNNEL OF FUN...

Yesterday the kids and I went on an adventure to Ikea. The purpose of our trip was to buy light bulbs and picture frames but we ended up coming out with a few additional items not on our list including...two long sleeve bibs, a cheese grinder for hard cheese and the best impulse buy of them all...a fabric tunnel for the kids. Had I known just how much enjoyment the kids would get out of the tunnel I would have bought one a lot sooner. It has honestly been one of the best purchases I've made in a while. Charlotte and Jacob have not stopped crawling through it since I popped it open. Jacob also enjoys rolling in it. One of the best parts of the tunnel has been hearing the giggles and shrieks coming from inside as the kids crawl through. I have yet to capture that on video but when I do I will certainly post it! For now here are a few pictures from my Blackberry of the kids enjoying their new tunnel:


Charlotte preparing to enter the Tunnel of Fun
The look on her face sums it up - THIS IS GREAT! 

A tunnel built for two
They simply can't get enough....

Get out of my way...or else I'm going to crawl right over you
Jacob also enjoys rolling in the tunnel
Almost at the end...



1 comment:

  1. So neat Heather!I can see they are having a ball!! I remember my oldest, Mark,(now 26!) when he was under a year, crawling through a red fabric tunnel at Seneca College at a kindergym class. He just loved it, like Jacob and Charlotte do. How simple, yet magical for them too!! Also great for encouraging motor skills!!! Brings back some fun memories of kindergym classes a "few" years ago....LOL

    ReplyDelete