Sunday, January 19, 2014

SKI BUMS….

The highlight of the weekend by far for me was introducing Charlotte and Jacob to skiing! 

On Saturday we all hopped into the car and headed to Centennial Ski Hill in Etobicoke to test out C and J's new skis, boots, helmets and goggles. We weren't sure what to expect but they loved it and we can't wait to take them out again! We spent 45 minutes walking them up the training hill and letting them come down on their own. Doyle did double duty by pulling Oliver in the sled and pulled C or J up the hill as well.

Although they spent much of the time heading straight down the hill their reaction to it made every minute worth while "Mommy I just love this" exclaimed Jacob…."I want to go faster" shouted Charlotte! "Can we come back after nap"…they both said as we packed them back into the car! 

It was a surreal moment for me for sure after the countless hours I spent on the baby hill of Blue Mountain with my Tiny Tyke classes teaching kids their same age how to ski. I loved every minute of exposing Charlotte and Jacob to the slopes this weekend and can't wait to take them out again very soon!

Watch out ski hills everywhere….here come the Browns! 

Jacob, Mommy and Charlotte at the bottom of Centennial Hill

Mommy showing J and C how it's done! 

1 comment: