Monday, July 11, 2011

SURPRISE...HAPPY 65th MOM

This past weekend we celebrated my mom's 65th birthday. Her actually birthday was on Sunday July 10th but the festivities started on Friday night with the arrival of my brothers Andrew and Michael from California. Mom had no idea they were coming - she thought she was coming over to babysit for us so that we could go to a friends house for dinner - instead Andrew and Michael walked in shortly after 7pm. 


We pulled the surprise off perfectly! Doyle was leaving to "meet a friend who was visiting from out of town for drinks" when she arrived - but he was really on his way to the airport to pick up the boys. She came to help me with the bath / bedtime routine - this way I knew she wouldn't eat at home before she came. We got the kids sorted out, I got dressed as if I was going out and then made the potato salad I said "I was bringing to our friends house as our contribution to the meal". I was also keeping in touch with Doyle and my bros via my blackberry so I knew where they were during their trip home. As they got closer I grabbed the camera to show my mom some new pictures we had taken of the kids (so I'd be ready with the camera when they walked in)...while we were looking at the pictures Michael walked in our front door and said "I hear my niece and nephew live here" (he hadn't met them yet because he missed their birth by one day having left for California on Dec 29th and they were born Dec 30th)...mom just about fell off the chair - then Andrew walked in and she was blown away! 


The other special part of the weekend was being able to introduce Charlotte and Jacob to their Uncle Andrew and Uncle Mike! The kids enjoyed meeting their crazy uncles and shared lots of smiles and laughs with them during their visits! 


Here are some pics from our weekend festivities!


Michael and Mom
Andrew and Mom
Uncle Mike meeting Charlotte for the first time (Jacob was sleeping)
Uncle Andrew feeding Charlotte
The proud Uncles
Uncle Andrew, Uncle Mike and the kids
Self timer group "b-day" shot of the family
Mom and her grandchildren 
Charlotte loves her Uncle Mike!
One more self timer group "b-day" shot -
this time with Andrew's girlfriend Rachel
There are a lot of candles on that ice cream cake -
you better blow them out before it melts
Uncle Mike feeding Charlotte
Mommy and Charlotte

2 comments:

  1. so excellent heath! what a great post. we were thinking of you. glad it all went well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaay to go Heather for pulling this off!!Happy 65th Pam!!! How nice that your mom was sooo surprised, and everyone could be together. The babies looked thrilled meeting their uncles! Super pics...:-)

    ReplyDelete