Sunday, March 17, 2013

POPE FRANCIS....

I was lucky enough to be at home and have the TV on earlier this week as white smoke  bellowed out of the chimney above the Sistene Chapel, signalling a new Pope had been chosen. Like thousands of others both in St. Peter's Square and watching abroad I was glued to the TV anxiously awaiting word on who the new Pope would be. His introduction came just as Charlotte and Jacob were waking up from their afternoon nap. As I grabbed them from their room I said "come with mommy, we're going to see who the new Pope is". They ran from their room directly into my room to see the TV. As Pope Francis appeared on the balcony I said to them "there is the new Pope...his name is Pope Francis". They were very interested and sat watching the TV for about 20 minutes. I kept asking them "what's the new Pope's name and they'd answer POPE FRANCIS".....now every time they see images of the Pope, whether in the paper or on TV, they'll say "mommy...Pope Francis".

I couldn't resist capturing this video of Charlotte last night as we watched CTV news at 6pm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment