Monday, March 18, 2013

SCIENCE CENTRE FUN....

This morning Charlotte, Jacob, Oliver and I went to the Science Centre. We boarded the 34 bus near our house and took it to Don Mills. From there we walked through the large parking lot and arrived at the Science Centre shortly before it opened. The kids were quite excited to see a big blue "tunnel" in front of the entrance so I let them spend some time going through it before we went inside. I figured it made sense for Charlotte and Jacob to burn a bit of energy before entering since I was on my own with the three kids!

Once inside we took the elevator to the Kidzone on the 4th floor. I wish I could have walked around with a video camera on "record" the whole time we were there because Charlotte and Jacob's faces were priceless. Everything was beyond exciting to them. While in the Kidzone we spent time rolling the balls in the "roller coaster" area, shopping in the market area, and playing music and dancing in the music booth. After an hour on the 4th floor I convinced the kids we should go and see other sections of the Centre, so we took the elevator to the 6th floor and found our way to the Rain Forest and the electricity section. As we were walking through the electricity area I noticed that the show with the "static ball" was set to begin at 11:30. I decided this was a perfect time for a break and to feed Oliver. So we sat on the benches and watched the show. Charlotte and Jacob sat quietly and listened a lot better than I had expected they would. Charlotte even put her hand up when the lady asked for volunteers for the "static ball"! Unfortunately she wasn't picked (no big surprise given her size) but at the end of the show the lady invited everyone who wanted to, to come up. Charlotte was already in the line before I could ask if she or Jacob wanted to go! Jacob decided to pass and stay on the bench so I went to meet Charlotte in line. We walked up the stairs, put our feet on the feet marks and I placed my hand on the ball and let the electric current do the rest! The lady was nice enough to take a few pictures on my BB (the quality isn't the best but they are fun to have). Of course once Jacob saw what was happening he wanted in on the action as well so I went up with him too. 

After 2.5 hours of fun the kids and I said good-bye to the Science Centre and hopped back on the bus to head home. As crazy as it was at times this morning I loved every minute of my time alone with the kids! It's moments like these that I'll miss when I'm back to work...

Charlotte and Jacob busy shopping in the market at Kidzone
"You get the peppers and I'll grab the bananas..."
Jacob cashing out...
Mommy and Charlotte in the "classic" Science Centre shot



No comments:

Post a Comment