Sunday, May 12, 2013

MOTHER'S DAY....


I have just wrapped up my third Mother's Day as a mom and I couldn't feel more blessed to have Charlotte, Jacob and Oliver in my life. They are my little miracles and I cherish the moments I've shared with each of them since they came into our family. 

The day started off very early thanks to Jacob's 4:30 a.m. wake up cry from his room. Oliver work shortly after and seemed content in his crib until 5:15 a.m. when he became frustrated and no longer interested in being confined to his bed. I took him out and brought him downstairs so he wouldn't wake the rest of the house. We hung out on the couch until 6:15 a.m. when Charlotte woke and crushed all hope of any of us getting additional sleep. 

The kids were excited to give me their card and gift - a new point and shoot digital camera to replace the one I dropped and cracked a month after I bought it. I promised them I'd take much better care of this camera since it was from them! 

The rest of the day felt chaotic and a bit out of control. No matter how much I tried I always seemed to be a step or two behind where the kids were - they were clearly in control today. I was able to catch up slightly (to prepare dinner) when they were down for their afternoon nap...but the feeling of "control" didn't last long after they woke. We discovered the leak in our furnace room we thought was caused by our furnace humidifier was actually caused by a leaking pipe likely from our bathroom two floors above. My task for this week will be to find a plumber and hopefully get things fixed sooner rather than later. 

My mom joined us for dinner. She brought cupcakes for dessert which were a huge hit with Charlotte and Jacob! 

Despite how chaotic today felt I enjoyed my Mother's Day and look forward to many more ahead. Being a mom is one of the hardest jobs I've ever had but the rewards are endless!


My mom and I with Charlotte, Jacob and Oliver




No comments:

Post a Comment