Thursday, August 15, 2013

A WHOLE NEW VANTAGE POINT....


Oliver has officially joined the land of the upright people! After weeks of watching him explore his world propped up on his knees he finally figured out how to pull himself up to his feet tonight. I had just turned on the tub and went to get something from the sink when I looked back he was holding himself up on the side of the tub in a standing position. It was such a great surprise especially because I got to see it first hand! 

Now that I've returned to work (started back on Monday) my biggest fear is that I'm going to miss out on the kids milestones when I'm gone during the day. Fortunately Oliver held this one in until I was home to share it with him! Yay Oliver!

As exciting as this milestone was....it quickly turned to an annoying one after we put him to bed and he decided to try his new found skill in his crib. Normally this would be fine except for the fact that when he pulled himself up he couldn't figure out how to get back down so we had to keep going in to lay him back down. This went on for 45 minutes. Hopefully he'll figure out the getting down part soon or else bed and nap time will become quite a chore!

On another note I took Oliver to the doctor for his 10 month check up today. He now weighs 22 lbs 7 oz and is 30". Quite the stats given he was 21" and 7 lbs 2 oz 10 short months ago! 


No comments:

Post a Comment