Wednesday, August 29, 2012

32 weeks and....5 days

To most pregnant women 32 weeks and 5 days is an inconsequential marker in their journey to motherhood. It's just another day of being pregnant. However to me 32 weeks and 5 days is significant because it's when I delivered Charlotte and Jacob.

Today marks 32 weeks and 5 days gestation in this pregnancy. I can't help but think back to this point with C and J and remember just how tiny and vulnerable they were. They had arrived at 12:04 and 12:08 a.m. (at 32 weeks and 5 days) and by this point were resting comfortably in the NICU at Sunnybrook. I would remain in hospital one more day and then be discharged to start a month long journey of visiting the kids at Sunnybrook and then at St. Michael's Hospital until we took them home on January 28,2011.

So far today "Little B" is showing no interest in making his/her appearance. I do have an appointment with my OB later this afternoon but I don't get the sense the situation is going to change much between now and then!

So I can count my blessings and know that everyday from here on in is a bonus for "Little B"....time that C and J didn't have to continue to grow and gain weight inside me. As much as I'm ready for my belly to be gone I know that every new day from this point on means one less day in a NICU.

For those of you curious to know what's happening with "Little B" visit this link: http://www.babycenter.ca/stages/0132/

No comments:

Post a Comment