Sunday, December 2, 2012

FREEDOM....

Watch out world...Charlotte and Jacob are on the loose. We have officially transformed their cribs into toddler beds. It really wouldn't have been my first choice this early but after a few weeks of Jacob jumping out or over into Charlotte's crib we figured it was the safer option - seemed like a better solution than a trip to the emergency department at Sick Kids for a broken "something". 

They have been in their room with their new beds for almost 45 minutes now and I've lost count on the number of times I've gone in to coax them back into their bed. They have already removed the heat vent, knocked over their large wooden dinosaur and flower piggy banks (I have since taken them out) and emptied their basket of stuffed animals and split the contents between both of their beds. I figure the novelty will wear off at some point and I'm glad we did the transition for nap vs their first over night sleep. I don't anticipate we'll have as easy a bed time as we usually do tonight but they'll get used to soon enough....I hope.

For now we'll deal with their excitement of having this new found freedom and hope the transition doesn't take too long...

Last picture of their cribs together

Charlotte and Jacob's room before....

Let the dismantling begin

Jacob's "new" bed...

The room after the bars came down

Their "new" beds

Hey...what did you do to my bed?


Hmmm...I think I'm going to like this!

How the heck does this thing work?

Loving his new bed

Happy he can still stand up and look at Charlotte


Testing the climb in 
First nap in their "new" beds...

No comments:

Post a Comment